*Specifications and prices may change from time to time so please confirm before placing your order.
Abrasive Wheels TrainingProduct Code: TR-SO-AWT
Price Breaks: See all quantity price breaks Click here for Net Weight
All abrasive wheel training courses are operated and run by The Training Societi in partnership with SafetyLiftinGear
Accidents involving abrasive wheels are more common (and painful!) then most people realise, and nearly half of these unfortunate incidents are the result of operator error, or unsafe systems of work. Abrasive wheel training teaches the participant to operate them properly which in turn reduces the risk of injury.
Who should attend?
This course is for all operators who work with all types of abrasive wheels, as well as their employers.
- Health & Safety Laws & Regulations - understanding your legal duty -PUWER 1998 and Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- The responsibilities of the employer and employee
- Hazards & Risks involved with abrasive wheels & the precautions that need to be observed – including Hand Arm Vibration.
- Wheel markings – what they mean and what you need to know
- How to assemble abrasive wheels correctly to ensure they are properly balanced and fit to use.
- Abrasive wheel training - A step by step guide of how to inspect & test abrasive wheels, who is responsible for this and how often this must be done
- Safe operation, maintenance tips and storage
- The importance of issuing and using the correct PPE, and step by step guide of how to inspect it
- How to conduct a risk assessment and advice on how to collate method statements that operatives can understand and easily follow
- Test paper/questions/ handouts & review
Training Societi certificate and photographic ID card with 5 year expiry