*Specifications and prices may change from time to time so please confirm before placing your order.
Confined Space Medium Risk TrainingProduct Code: TR-SO-CSMR
Price Breaks: See all quantity price breaks Click here for Net Weight
All courses are operated and run by The Training Societi in partnership with SafetyLiftinGear
A number of people are killed or seriously injured every year in the UK whilst working, or trying to rescue others from confined spaces without the proper training or equipment. This happens in a wide range of industries, from those involving complex plant to simple storage vessels.
Who should attend?
This course is for all those whose job role involves them entering a confined space, as well as their overseers to help them understand the dangers, how to use safe systems of work and to how to put adequate emergency procedures in place.
- Health & Safety Laws & Regulations - understanding your legal duty Confined Space Regulations 1997, Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 & Health & Safety @ Work Act 1974
- The responsibilities of the employer and employee – in particular the need to avoid entry into confined spaces unless it is not reasonably practicable to do so
- Definition and different types of confined spaces
- Hazards, risks & the necessary precautions that need to be undertaken
- An understanding of safe systems of work with particular reference to ‘permits to work’ where appropriate
- How to conduct a risk assessment and advice on how to collate method statements that operatives can understand and easily follow
- How emergencies can arise, the need to follow prepared emergency procedures & the dangers of not doing so
- An explanation and demonstration of all confined space equipment including breathing apparatus
- A large portion of the course covers environmental monitoring and safe exit procedures for which there is a practical element
- Test paper/questions/ handouts & review
Training Societi certificate and photographic ID card with 3 year expiry