*Specifications and prices may change from time to time so please confirm before placing your order.
IPAF Scissor & Boom Lift (3a & 3b) TrainingProduct Code: TR-SO-IPAFSAB
Price Breaks: See all quantity price breaks Click here for Net Weight
This course is operated and run by a Third party IPAF Instructor in partnership The Training Societi & SafetyLiftinGear
This course is essential for all users of Scissor & Boom Lifts. It teaches delegates how to safely operate both types of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWPs). It also covers skills such as the selection and pre-inspection of the equipment.
Who should attend?
This programme is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives who may need to use or control powered access equipment in the workplace.
***Delegates must be at least 18 years of age***
- Introduction to Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPS)
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1978
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Responsibilities of the employee and employer
- Introduction to the use of MEWPS – Pre theory test
- Familiarisation of machines – understanding their capabilities
- Pre check safety checks & Inspection
- Safe working environment and systems of work
- Controlling and driving the machines
- Emergency systems for lowering
- How to correctly & safely store the machines
- The importance of regular maintenance – what to look for
- Correct use of PPE to ensure you are properly protected (including using safety harness & lanyards in a MEWPS)
- Theory test (Multiple Choice Paper)
- Practical Assessment – operating the machines
Please note an 80% pass mark applies to the theory test, and successful delegates will go on to complete the practical session for which the pass mark is 75%.
Official IPAF certificate and photographic ID card (PAL card) with 5 year expiry