*Specifications and prices may change from time to time so please confirm before placing your order.
Ladder & Steps TrainingProduct Code: TR-SO-LST
Price Breaks: See all quantity price breaks Click here for Net Weight
All ladder training courses are operated and run by The Training Societi in partnership with SafetyLiftinGear
Ladders may look simple, and many operators think that common sense will get them by – but statistically the inappropriate or incorrect use of ladders and stepladders have contributed to an average of 14 deaths and 1200 major injuries a year in the UK, and thousands of pounds worth of fines for companies just relying on ‘common sense alone’. Ladder training drastically reduces the risk of injury as it teaches the participant how to stay safe when working with ladders.
Who should attend?
This practical ladder training course is not only essential for any current users of ladders and steps, but is also aimed at their supervisors and managers, business owners and buyers of equipment.
- Health & Safety Laws & Regulations - understanding your legal duty under the Work at Height Regulations 2005
- The responsibilities of the employer and employee
- Determining if a ladder/step ladder is the right equipment to use using the 3 point ‘hierarchy of control’ risk assessment guide
- How to choose the right ladder/step ladder for the task
- A step by step guide of carrying out pre-use inspections, how often these must be done & who is responsible for this
- Ladder Training - How to use the ladder/step ladder safely to minimise risk and sensible safety precautions
- Storage, maintenance and keeping your kit safe & legal
- The importance of issuing and using the correct PPE, and step by step guide of how to inspect it
- How to select the correct equipment for the task
- All the above is intermingled with practical sessions
- Test paper/questions/ handouts & review
Training Societi certificate and photographic ID card with 5 year expiry