Manual Handling Training
All Manual Handling training courses are operated and run by The Training Societi in partnership with SafetyLiftinGear
Let’s face it, manual handling is a dry subject, but Alan and the team have livened this course up because we know that when a delegate is entertained, they engage and take away the serious message. This manual handling training is designed to keep you and your employees safe, it's important to have the correct training to avoid injury in the workplace.
Who should attend?
This practical course is not only essential for any staff who lift or move loads, we also advise that supervisors, managers and business owners attend to learn about mechanical aids, unsafe loads and safe working conditions. Also highly recommended for those who are involved in the purchase of manual handling aids and producing company policy.
Course Location: Bristol
Duration: Half a Day
Course consists of the following
- Health & Safety Laws & Regulations - Manual handling Operation Regulations 1992 (amended 2002)
- The responsibilities of the employer and employee
- What exactly is manual handling, and what types of injuries can occur
- Biology of the back, why and how you should look after it
- Manual Handling risk factors and how injuries can occur
- A step by step guide to conducting a risk assessment and advice on how to collate method statements that operatives can understand and easily follow
- Good posture and technique whilst lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling and carrying loads
- Mechanical Aids available on the market to assist with your manual handling assessments
- The importance of issuing and using the correct PPE, and step by step guide of how to inspect it
- All the above is intermingled with practical sessions to identify and put right anything the trainees are not doing safely
- Test paper/questions/ handouts & review
- Protect all employees who are required to lift loads from injury and therefore work absence.
- Learning from a friendly and experienced consultant in a comfortable environment - No stone left unturned
- Practical advice bespoke to your company requirements
Training Societi certificate and photographic ID card with 5 year expiry