Warehouse lifting equipment is a vital part of day-to-day operations in a warehouse environment.
Warehouses are typically used to store raw materials, goods and machinery. Bulky items are commonplace, so heavy lifting is often par for the course. This means that high-quality lifting and handling equipment is a must!
Lifting Equipment Material Handling
Types of Warehouse Lifting Equipment
When it comes to lifting heavy goods in a warehouse environment, there are a wide variety of solutions to choose from - though naturally the right tool for the job will depend on the nature of the job that needs doing.
Here are some of the warehouse lifting and handling products we offer here at SafetyLiftinGear:
An absolute staple of any warehouse, the pallet truck has been indispensable ever since its invention way back in 1947. For context, back in 1947, Clement Attlee was Prime Minister and Britain was still in post-war recovery mode.
The fact that this piece of equipment is still top dog today proves its staying power and shows that it's unlikely to be going anywhere anytime soon. All the more reason to make sure you have one in your warehouse!
When it comes to purchasing a pallet truck, there are a few things to keep in mind. The humble pallet truck has evolved significantly over the last three quarters of a century and now comes in a variety of forms, including:
- Heavy Duty Pallet Trucks - Designed for lifting a range of pallets, from small loads to very heavy cargo, the standard pallet truck is a great all-rounder for warehouse use. We also offer a range of variations, such as stainless steel pallet trucks for humid conditions and long fork trucks for extra-long loads.
- Weighing Scale Pallet Trucks - These pallet trucks come with built-in weighing scales, allowing you to accurately record the weight of the load you are moving.
- Battery Pallet Trucks - With a built-in chargeable lithium battery, these manual handling machines provide battery-powered pallet lifting for hassle-free lifts with unrestricted movement.
- Electric Pallet Trucks - Electric pallet trucks offer easy manoeuvring for low-duty applications, cutting out the unnecessary hassle and headaches associated with manual material handling.
- High Lift Pallet Trucks - Extremely useful in warehouses with high-rise storage, these versatile pallet movers allow you to lift and lower to / from heights that would otherwise be unreachable with a traditional pallet mover.
Buy & Hire Pallet Trucks >>
Also known as 'walkie stackers', material lifts are a common sight in warehouses due to the simple fact that they are highly effective for the task at hand. Capable of lifting heavy loads to impressive heights, these lifters are great for loading and unloading HGVs, as well as for standard warehouse use.
Material lifts come in hand-winch form as well as the more popular battery / electric powered models. They can also be supplied with a variety of different load bases, typically available as a fork / platform or a hook for hoisting.
Buy & Hire Material Lifts >>
Another popular piece of equipment for warehouse workers is the platform table. Often referred to as hydraulic tables or scissor lifts, this versatile product is essentially an adjustable platform, raised to a height of your choosing for easy access to places that are typically inaccessible for heavy items. This heavy-duty apparatus is usually manually powered by a foot pedal.
Buy & Hire Platform Tables >>
The fork-mounted loadlifter is the perfect tool for warehouses that deal with items such as heavy roll cages, e.g. those associated with supermarket chains. The loadlifter is specifically designed to provide easy access to a range of articulated vehicles, enabling simple and safe loading / unloading for delivery and transportation purposes.
Buy Fork-Mounted Loadlifter >>
Compact and easy to use, these telescopic towers offer a simple solution for your lifting needs. Perfect for areas with limited space or restricted movement, these lifting towers are powered by a straightforward hand winch mechanism.
Suitable for both indoor and outdoor operations, this adaptable lifting option is easily transported and capable of single-person use, allowing for independent use wherever you may need it.
Buy & Hire Lifting Towers >>
Visit our Material Handling Equipment page to browse our full range of handling products, or get in touch with our Customer Service Team if you have any questions.
Photo courtesy of Pexels