With the world slowly getting back to some sort of normality, businesses up and down the country are starting to open their doors back to the public, which means operations can begin to resume. To make the transition back into normal working life a little easier, SafetyLiftinGear are excited to announce amazing special offers on two of our material handling products!
Material handling equipment is essential for the transportation of goods in and around businesses and can make everyday tasks not just easier and quicker but a lot safer. This is why so many businesses invest in good, quality material handling equipment to help make day-to-day operations run smoother and keep their employees as safe as possible.
The products that we are currently promoting at a special discounted price are two of our most popular pipe trolleys! Find out more about these two fantastic products below!
LoadSurfer 200kg Pipe Tube Trolley
Our LoadSurfer 200kg Pipe Trolley was £87.59 before VAT but is now at £69.98 + VAT - amazing! Find more information on this fantastic product below.
- Pipe Tube Trolley 500mm Length
- Solid Rubber Tyre
- Wheel Diameter 200mm (Incl.tyre)
- Dimensions: (L)500mm x (W)600mm
- Max Pipe Diameter 450mm
- Max Load 200kg
View Product >
LoadSurfer 250kg Pipe Tube Trolley
Our LoadSurfer 250kg Pipe Trolley was £109.49 before VAT but is now £94.98 + VAT - another incredible saving!
- Pipe / Tube Trolley 915mm Length
- Solid Cushion Wheels
- Wheel Diameter 400mm x 80mm
- Dimensions (L)915mm x (W)430mm
- Max Pipe Diameter 300mm
- Max Load 250kg
View Product >
Both of these fantastic products are sure to help with making tasks and operations around warehouses and stockrooms much more enjoyable. You can find our full range of material handling equipment below if you require more products to help your business get back to normal.
Material Handling Equipment >
If you require more information on our two pipe tube trolleys or any of our other material handling products, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of our team today!
UK businesses are beginning to come out of lockdown and get back to normal, but COVID-19 (coronavirus) is still a massive concern across virtually all sectors. Here at SafetyLiftinGear, we offer a variety of protective products to help companies keep their workers safe and stop the virus from spreading.
One such product is the Life Gear FS002 Comfy-Fit Adjustable Face Shield. These protective visors cover the whole face, minimising the wearer's risk of getting infected or infecting others via microscopic respiratory droplets.
Despite these uncertain times, the team here at SafetyLiftinGear have been working extremely hard behind the scenes and are proud to announce that we now supply a range of Kratos Safety fall protection to help keep you safe when working at height!
Based in France, Kratos Safety utilise a range of certified laboratories, designers and technicians to not only ensure that their range of safety equipment meets European safety standards but exceeds expectations when it comes to comfort, innovation and quality. Offering products from a variety of categories such as harnesses & belts, fall arresters, tool lanyards and rope access, Kratos is experienced in creating effective equipment that ensures your safety.
Here is a selection of the Kratos equipment available to buy from SLG today:
Kratos 2-point Full Body Harness
- Full body harness with 1 dorsal D-Ring and 1 sternal D-Ring on the sternal strap
- Adjustable shoulder & thigh straps
- Ideally positioned sit strap for extended comfort
- Max User Weight: 140kg
- Conformity: EN361:2002
View Product >
Kratos Twin Retractable Webbing Fall Arrest Block
- Retractable fall arrester with double aluminium casing and 2 webbing lanyards (2m)
- Includes 2x scaffold hooks at the anchorage end
- Webbing: 25mm
- Max Weight: 100kg
- Conforms to EN360:2002
View Product >
Kratos 300kg Load Arrestor
- Load Arrestor with galvanised steel wire rope designed to stop the fall of a 300kg weight load
- Casing made of high impact strength polymer to prevent breakage
- Length: 10mtr
- Conforms to 2006/42/CE
View Product >
You can find our full range of Kratos Safety equipment right here.
For more information on our collection of Kratos Safety fall protection, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of the SLG team today, we'd love to hear from you!
Contact Us >
Our G-Force safety products are incredibly durable, but it's still important to take good care of them.
The maximum lifespan of G-Force safety harnesses (and other G-Force textile products) is 10 years. However, the actual lifespan of your harness will depend on how and where you use it - try to avoid exposing your harness to sharp edges, corrosive substances, extreme temperatures and other harsh environments.
Here are some more care and maintenance tips to help you maximise the lifespan of your G-Force safety harness:
- Read the instruction booklet that came with your harness and follow its recommendations.
- Store your gear properly in a well-ventilated area. Do not leave your harness in direct sunlight or lying around on the floor. Keep it away from damp places where mould may develop.
- If you wish to mark your harness for identification purposes, make sure you only mark the labels and/or the comfort parts of the harness. Do not mark the product in a way that might reduce its integrity or interfere with the functionality of the harness.
- We recommend wearing disposable coveralls to protect your harness if there is a chance that it will be splattered with paint, oil, etc. Use scissors to cut a hole in the coveralls and pass the lanyard through this hole.
How to clean your safety harness
Keeping your G-Force harness clean will make it easier to inspect and help to ensure that any markings on the product (e.g. identification, standards) remain legible.
To clean your safety harness, follow these steps:
- Wash the harness in lukewarm soapy water (30 °C maximum, pH neutral).
- Next, rinse the harness thoroughly with fresh tap water.
- Stubborn stains can be cleaned with a small brush.
- Alternatively, you can clean your harness in the washing machine (30 °C delicate synthetic setting, no detergent, no spin cycle). We recommend placing your harness inside a thick cloth bag to protect the machine from the metal parts of the harness.
- Do not wash your harness with a high-pressure water sprayer. Avoid using any cleaning products besides household face/body soap - stronger products may damage the nylon harness.
- Once your harness is clean, hang it on a line to dry. Keep it away from direct sunlight, radiators, flames, etc.
If you have any further questions about your safety harness and how to look after it, please feel free to contact SafetyLiftinGear's customer service team.
Buy G-Force Safety Equipment >>
A construction firm has been fined after a 17-year-old worker fell through a skylight opening and suffered life-changing injuries. On 20 August 2018, the young worker fell through an insulation sheet covering a skylight while walking across an unmarked area on the construction site in Gloucester. He suffered multiple broken bones, which needed two operations to treat. His doctors advised him that it was unlikely he would be able to work in construction ever again. A potential career in construction was cut short by the neglect of another reckless employer.
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) found that the employee was not supervised properly and was not warned about the risks on site. According to reports, there were no warnings in place about the hole in the roof, and no workers on site had been told about it. No further physical barriers were in place, either - any of these measures could have prevented this tragic accident.
The company failed to take the necessary precautions for working at height, and further investigation showed continued failures to properly and adequately plan constructions at that height (even after the incident in question). The Mark Holland Group pleaded guilty to breaching health and safety regulations and were fined £55,620.
HSE inspectors highlighted how this accident could have been avoided with simple safety precautions, such as the correct height safety equipment.
Working at Height
It's essential for employers to take adequate fall protection measures and follow the health and safety regulations at all times. These safety guidelines are there to help employers comply with the law and prevent death and serious injury.
Employers should aim to carry out work on the ground where possible, or utilise scaffolding or mobile platforms that allow easy and safe access. Failing that, use fall protection equipment to restrain workers in the event of a fall and minimise the distance the individual falls to minimise the potential injury.
Read our blog about choosing the best fall protection equipment for your job.
We hope that employers see stories like this one and make more of an effort to prioritise health and safety to prevent further accidents.
Buy & Hire Height Safety Equipment Our Bespoke Fall Protection Systems